Re: [dev] another text user interface for sam

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 17:41:00 +0000

On 1 March 2016 at 17:12, Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:
> All commands of a group should operate on the original state of the text.

Is that strictly necessary? I know that's how sam and acme behave, but
series of commands outside those {} blocks occur in sequence (not all
performing on the original text), and to be honest that seems like it
might be more intuitive. It would also be much easier to implement.
There are probably drawbacks, but all in all I would personally be
quite happy with the more straightforward sequential behaviour. I'd
even be happy with forbidding overlapping regions being selected by
separate cursors in the first place, let alone being modified by them.

cls