Re: [dev] another text user interface for sam

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:25:38 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 06:26:23PM +0000, Maxime Coste wrote:
> In my experience, we dont need a very powerful (and complex) regex language
> for interactive use, its mostly the highlighting system that needs them,

In my experience syntax highlighting is a nice fit for Parsing Expression
Grammars (PEG) because they are closed under composition. Furthermore
there exists a nice Lua implementation with lexers for more than 100
languages. I see no reason to build and maintain yet another custom
highlighting mechansim.

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: 10C93617