Re: [dev] [dmenu] A couple of small issues

From: Mitt Green <mitt_green_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:00:56 +0300

Quentin Rameau wrote:

> What about with a correct fontconfig name, like
> "Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=12"?

It works :)

> I don't know what is that Sauerbraten, maybe it needs
> some environment variable which isn't correctly setup
> in your global env?
> Any output there you could analyze?

Sauerbraten is my favourite game :)
Quake-like FPS, based on Cube 2
(http://sauerbraten.org/)

I'd rather explain the whole thing:
I created a directory named "suckless"
in my home, so there I put subdirectories
(dmenu, dwm, st etc.). So,
in my .xinitrc and config.h of dwm and dmenu
I pointed to executables to ~/suckless/dmenu,
rather than simply dmenu. I had to change dmenu_path
accordingly, so that I have all of suckless things
in a single folder. Yes, it's stupid, but it's
temporary, else I don't want to "make install" just
yet. It works. So, in dwm's config.h I have
~/suckless/dmenu/dmenu_run that is invoked by Alt+p,
and when I press Alt+p, type "sauerbraten" and run,
nothing happens without output to my tty. When I enter
the directory ~/suckless/dmenu and run dmenu_run
(no output to terminal either) then
type "sauerbraten", it launches.

Peace,
Mitt