Re: [opinion warning] [dev] Linux distros that don't suck too too much

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 18:08:25 +0200

> Hi! Sorry for the newb opinion piece, but wouldn't it be somewhat better

don't worry, lately there are *only* noobs on suckless.

> to just take a distro you could consider decent and then work on your
> personal modifications with that?

I already did that, re-read please.

> It seems kind of contradictory to
> dislike X, Y and Z and yet not to put any effort to purging the supposed
> hellish evil from your system.

Bullshit, time is limited. Don't ignore feasibility. We have to make
compromises sometimes.

> that's the power you have with
> open source (or rather, 'open sewers', at your convenience.) and that's
> infinitely better than Winblows.

No. open source is worthless to me so far. You can try to change this
instead of spouting your free software gospels.

> In fact, if you have specific needs I can't see WHY you wouldn't put
> effort toward tailoring your system.

You said this 3 times now. If you're so convinced being a "newb"
deserves forgiveness how about you make up for not reading somehow?
Make suggestions, i know you're religious...