[dev] New Suckless computer language?

From: Daniel V <daniel.viksporre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 20:46:50 +0200

Hi!

Is there any interest in a small new computer language?

A few years back I found a new way to make computer languages.

To prove my point, I made 2 compilers for the language. One in
javascript, with a complete development environment in less than 1000
SLOC, with realtime compiling, that compiled to 6502 machine code. But
that was just a test to check that it works, as commodore c64
programs, probably isn't that interesting to most people.

Recently I made a new compiler in C code, that can be used together
with a commando prompt (REPL), and a VM for 32bit code, in less than
1000 SLOC all together.

The Language is made to compile fast and easy. It probably compiles
faster than it probably takes to start most VM:s. The most time spent
in the compiler, is probably to read the source file, as the compiling
stage is almost as fast as normal interpreting in a VM.

If there is interest in it, I liked the suckless community to know
about it first. I'm not to sure what to make with this language, so it
don't have any web-page or anything like that yet.

The compiler and language, is super fast to build upon or change, as
it's so small. It was originally created because I needed to make
custom compilers for my new ISA (instruction set architecture)
research, for making new processors. And I got tired of writing test
programs, by hand coding machine code.

Is there any need for a new language, or is C good enough?

// Daniel V.