Re: [dev] How about software for photography enthusiasts?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:43:06 +0200

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:04:32 +0300
Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.craciun_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Ciprian,

> * Starting with the obvious `dcraw` (
> http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/ ), which although I'm sure
> will fail all of the "suckless" criteria, is among the few (if not the
> only?) open-source solution for extracting data from RAW images.

if you really care about photography, you would acknowledge the fact
that dcraw or ufraw have to be part of an image processing pipeline.
Raw data makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Being the "author" of the farbfeld image format I have to highlight
here that all the tools on suckless.org assume the sRGB color space,
which, to be fair, is not a big sin given X11 and the entire ecosystem
does not encourage color management of this dimension.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>