[dev] How about software for photography enthusiasts?

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.craciun_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:04:32 +0300

Given the latest thread about `sxiv`, I wanted to open up the
discussion about "suckless" software for photography enthusiasts.

Are there many photographers on this list? Have you found some useful
and "less-sucking" tools to help you in your hobby?

Anything from image ingestion (i.e. copying), selection (i.e.
editing), organization, manipulation (i.e. processing), up to
presentation and publication on the net.

For example I would list the following:

* Starting with the obvious `dcraw` (
http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/ ), which although I'm sure
will fail all of the "suckless" criteria, is among the few (if not the
only?) open-source solution for extracting data from RAW images.

* `sxiv` ( https://github.com/muennich/sxiv ) to view images.
(Although the last thread debated if it is "suckless" or not.) :)

* `rawshack` ( http://www.testcams.com/rawshack/ ) to extract
statistical data from RAW images.

And that's kind of all the tools I know of, in this domain, that might
fit the "suckless" criteria.

Ciprian.