Re: [dev] Sane office alternative?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:36:41 +0200

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:23:28 +0200
Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:

Hey Markus,

> respond with a plain text document without file name extension and
> laugh at their silly faces when they don't know how to open it.

joke aside, but most people have no choice but to interoperate with
Office- and Open-Documents. You can't just respond with a trolling.

I've been using Abiword and Gnumeric at work for over 5 years now, and
I come in contact with doc's, xls's, docx's and xlsx's quite regularly.
What needs to be noted here is that ppt and pptx has become uncommon,
same with the other formats in the office suite.

So it's sufficient to dump the bloated mess LibreOffice is and use
Abiword and Gnumeric. At least from the latter I know it is also
heavily used at CERN, which explains why it even has superior
data analysis tools than Excel itself.

Cheers

FRIGN

--