Re: [dev] Sane office alternative?

From: Britton Kerin <britton.kerin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:33:49 -0800

> So it's sufficient to dump the bloated mess LibreOffice is and use
> Abiword and Gnumeric. At least from the latter I know it is also
> heavily used at CERN, which explains why it even has superior
> data analysis tools than Excel itself.

I like gnumeric a lot also. The only fear is that GNOME will someday
manage to infect gtk as has been tried already.

The official suckless position of "gtk sucks" hurts things slightly here
by failing to differentiate between gtk, which is large but good and
non-invasive, with GNOME, which is large and horrible and domineering.

Britton