Re: [dev] Sane office alternative?

From: Cág <caoc_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:08:36 +0100

Britton Kerin wrote:

> The official suckless position of "gtk sucks" hurts things slightly
> here
> by failing to differentiate between gtk, which is large but good and
> non-invasive, with GNOME, which is large and horrible and domineering.

I usually think of it as GTK+2 vs GTK+3, with the latter being just too
bad.
It's slower, backward incompatible and has some "features" like support
for touch
devices (sorry, I hate touchscreens), overlay scrollbars and animations
for goodness'
sake. Don't forget client-side decorations and CSS. So, "the official
position"
is mostly true.

My 2/100 of your favourite currency unit,
Cág