Re: [dev] Sane office alternative?

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:41:27 +0100

Quoth Kevin Michael Frick:
> what do you use to communicate with the part of the world (a majority,
> unfortunately) who uses suckish formats such as .doc(x), .od[tspg] or
> whatever?

LibreOffice actually isn't that bad nowadays, for interacting with
these formats. I use pandoc for reading things which are not too
insane, but for random "open this shitty thing" LO works fast and
has good input / output filters to every format you'll encounter. I
treat it like firefox; a necessary evil that I keep around for when
I need it, that often surprises me at how well it handles monstrous
tasks.