[dev] announcing edit-pipe

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 11:25:16 -0400

Hello everyone. Someone asked a little while ago about a suckless pager
and I mentioned using vipe of moreutils to use your favorite editor as a
pager. I noticed that when I was using vipe it was using several
megabytes (it is written in Perl) so I wrote a program in Bourne shell
that is much smaller in RAM usage. It has the -v (view only) option to
not produce any output so it can truly be used as a pager. It can be
found at https://github.com/GReagle/edit-pipe/blob/master/edit-pipe. I
would love any feedback about making it better, more correct, more
portable, etc. Thanks for your attention.