Re: [dev] [surf] Ctrl-Y doesn't copy url to clipboard

From: Mateusz Okulus <mmokulus_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 15:48:10 +0200

> When I start a blank installation of surf and try to copy any url into
> my clipboard via ctrl-y (as stated in the man pages), it won't copy
> anything at all. Is the man page outdated? Am I doing anything wrong? Do
> I need to install some userscripts for this?

Ctrl-y copies url into primary selection, which is different from
clipboard. I've attached a patch that changes this to use clipboard, if
you'd prefer that.

There is also a program called autocutsel, which allows synchronization
between primary selection and clipboard.

You'd add something like this to .xinitrc:
autocutsel -selection CLIPBOARD -fork
autocutsel -selection PRIMARY -fork

Which will essentially merge clipboard and primary selection. This will
be a global change, which might not be what you want.

Regards,
mmokulus