Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:48:41 +0200

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 04:36:40PM +0000, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 8/23/06, Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hm, after the initial enthousiasm has faded away a little, I'm not so
> >sure anymore. Especially the fact that the title is now on the left is
> >bothering me, it just doesn't work for me (I already explained why
> >somewhere earlier in this thread)... I think something _like_ this
> >would be good, just not exactly this. I'm not sure what the right way
> >is yet though.
>
> Nevermind, I'm going to use it a little more before commenting on it
> too much. I think it's quite ok...

Actually I pushed a different way, which feels best for me. This
one don't prints the tags of an unfocused client, but highlights
all tags of the focused client in the tag bar (with an inner
rectangle of the text color), see this for an example:

http://www.10kloc.org/shots/dwm-20060823.png

Actually if one needs to know which tags a specific client
contains, one only needs to focus it to see this. However, more
important is the client title (also to track progress), which
don't needs focus attention.

This decision seems straigh-forward to me, because one can only
change the tags of a client if it is focused, and this way, most
screen real estate is reserved for clients and status info
(actually the current way of highlighting the tags of a client
 don't wastes any pixel).

I also saved some LOC with this patch.

Regards,