Re: [dwm] === seems to be no stayer

From: Jeroen Schot <schot-dwm_AT_a-eskwadraat.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:53:07 +0200

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:31:48PM +0200, Julian Romero wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> >I think that the stack position toggling might not stay in
> >future releases. I rarely used it during last days, because
> >I noticed that it scales on screens with W > H poorly.
> >
> Remembering stacking position and master dimension per tag helps
> (sticky patch), but definitely after several days using the new
> toggling stack, I prefer my own old master-slave layout (perhaps
> because of my screen with W>>H)
>
> Being said that, I think stack toggling should stay in the main repo.
> It's a step toward a really dynamic layout.

> A personal opinion for free: big changes like that, kind of
> experiments...don't you think it would be better if they "live" on a
> different mercurial repo? It will help to keep the main branch
> history...let's say, clean. And it will be easier to maintain patches
> only for main branch.

Hello,

I for one won't miss this feature, my usage patterns seem to be similar
to Anselm's. (Although, sadly, I don't have a 21 inch monitor.)

I really like the idea of a clean and a experimental branch. Only new
features that have proven themself (to Anselm) should be allowed to go
from experimental to clean.

Regards,

--
Jeroen Schot
schot_AT_a-eskwadraat.nl (mail & jabber)