Re: [dwm] Interesting idea by Gottox

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:17:07 +0100

Tako rzecze Anselm R. Garbe (w e-mailu datowanym 2006-11-30, 15:05):

> kwin uses the so called startup-notifcation X extension, which
> is no option for dwm... Also, X does not provide any information

Yeah, I thought it was making use of that library.

> Yes, define a rule for such apps, that they go to the 'crap' tag
> or something similiar. (look into config.arg.h how I handle
> firefox, it doesn't interrup my workflow when I don't view the
> 'net' tag during startup).

I've already set up the rules for my apps, I was just curious whether
it would be easily implementable on a general basis. It's not a problem
for me since I really mostly run a limited number of apps and have
already made rules for most of them, and think dwm should stay the way
it is :).

As to the interrupting the workflow -- I still have to double check
whether some apps don't take away the focus from my terminal even if I'm
not viewing their tag when they start up. Will keep you updated on that.

Cheers,

[a]

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |