Re: [dwm] dextra

From: Robert Manea <rob.manea_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:09:35 +0200

* Xavier (shiningxc_AT_gmail.com) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 07:48:15PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > heavily based on lavish's work I put together several config
> > files which should work fine with future releases of dwm/dmenu.
> > The repository is still work in progress, but might be of use
> > for some of you (it contains Xdefaults, dir_colors, mutt colors,
> > vim colors, etc.)
> >
> > Finally I switched to black on white after years of working with
> > light colors on black. And I feel well at work ;)
> >
> > So if anyone is interested, wants to share his setup, etc, here
> > is the current repository
> >
> > http://www.suckless.org/hg.rc/dextra
> >
> > I also added some proggy fonts I use in my current setup.
> >

> I was also used to black on white, but I was curious so I gave this a try.
> It looks cool, but I had a few problems with it.

Indeed. IMO the colors are way to light for a white background. Also,
Anselm, there is a typo in your .Xdefaults, line 10:

  -XTerm*color1: #000000
  +XTerm*color0: #000000

I have used black on white for a long time, too. Mostly with a crappy
CRT. Though, since I'm running a TFT with a quite hight contrast and
brightness I think that dark colors are definitly better on the eyes.

Anyways, you can check out http://robm.selfip.net/wiki.sh/-main/TerminalColors
for my variations of a dark and a light terminal theme.

Bye, Rob.