Re: [dwm] visibility of focused windows

From: Joerg van den Hoff <j.van_den_hoff_AT_fzd.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:44:34 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 05:51:30PM +0300, Alexander Polakov wrote:
> * Joerg van den Hoff <j.van_den_hoff_AT_fzd.de> [080304 17:21]:
> > question 1: should not the focused window be always brought
> > to the foreground irrespective of whether it is currently
> > maximized or not? it's even more irrating when you already
> > have a few maximized windows and then open another one: the
> > new window again will never be visible if you cycle the
> > focus with mod1-j as long as it is not maximized first.
> >

> Just use monocle layout for that.

thanks for this hint. I'll have a look at that. question remains,
whether, if the current behaviour is seen as not desirable, it
can't be fixed in the main branch of `dwm', instead.

> > question 2: is there a chance for real tabbing support (this
> > would seem more important than xinerama support to me)? or
> > at least a workspace (tag) specfic decision whether tiling
> > _or_ tabbing is used for arranging windows? and, if tabbing
> > is "on", some information in the status bar about _all_
> > windows in the current tab?
>
> Like this http://omploader.org/vZHZz ? I posted a patch some
> time ago, you can google for it.

yes, exactly. but googling (e.g. for `dwm tabbing polakov')
did not yield anything useful, I'm afraid (or my vision is
impaired).

joerg