Re: [dwm] wildcard in client rules tags ref

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:56:02 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:06:22PM -0700, Eric Davis wrote:
> DWM used to support regular expressions in the tags ref for client
> rules. I agree that the feature was overkill but it was nice to be able
> to say "*" so a client is on all tags. I used this for background
> notification popups from scripts with gxmessage.
>
> Is it possible to add a simple glob indicator back to DWM that specifies
> all tags? Or is there another way to do this that I overlooked...?

See attached patch, however I'm not sure I like this approach
for the mainstream dwm.

If you want the behavior it is possible with the following
approach already in mainstream dwm, but you might not like it:

{ NULL, "gxmessage", NULL, tags[0], True },
{ NULL, "gxmessage", NULL, tags[1], True },
{ NULL, "gxmessage", NULL, tags[2], True },
{ NULL, "gxmessage", NULL, tags[3], True },
{ NULL, "gxmessage", NULL, tags[8], True },

Kind regards,