Re: [dev] Suckless (*NIX|*BSD) Distribution?

From: Fernan Bolando <fernanbolando_AT_mailc.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:52:46 +0800

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Leandro
Chescotta<leandro.chescotta_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Why freebsd is not suckless? not arguing, but i don't know a lot about
> BSD's, so, i wanna know
>

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Fernan Bolando<fernanbolando_AT_mailc.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Uriel<lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Agreed, OpenBSD is far from perfect, but it sucks much less than any
>>> other *nix system out there this days.
>>>
>>> Peace
>>>
>>> uriel

>> crux distro for linux
>> openbsd or netbsd for bsd

My comment on using openbsd or netbsd versus freebsd is purely because
I have not used freebsd myself. Crux and Obsd already has almost
everything I need in a <200MB base system, so I only needed to
download a few package to configure it for specific purpose. I have
always had the impression that freebsd wants me to download >600MB of
data to install. If they created a picobsd distro then I would have
probably prefered using that for some of my stuff.

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com