Re: [dev] Re: dwm development continues NOW

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:32:31 +0100

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 05:27:48PM +0100, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> An initial version of the new xinerama support is committed into hg,
> it's not finished/polished yet, but the basics are usable already.
> During the development I decided to have a bar per monitor, instead of
> just one bar. It's less confusing that way.
>
> Monitors are currently selected through pressing Mod1-w, Mod1-e (just
> two initial keybindings), and clients are assigned to the selected
> monitor and can be re-assigned using Mod1-Shift-w, Mod1-Shift-e resp.
>
> There are several bugs still, esp. related to the floating handling
> (it's currently possible to have a floating client assigned to a
> monitor even if it's shown on a totally different monitor).
>
> The code will have a lot of polishing and some config.h options will
> go away possibly... one candidate is topbar.
>
> Bug reports welcome.

I gave the current tip of dwm a go today in work on my dual head setup.
I find the behaviour of when for example,

mon->0 has some windows
mon->1 has some windows but has focus for the monitor
        - after using meta-e to shift change over to mon->1

I move my mouse over to mon->0 to a window, highlight it and start doing
something, but when I hit meta-NUM to change tags, it changes the tags
in mon->1. It's little un-intuitive if for some reason you need to use
the mouse. Shouldn't moving the mouse to change the focus on a window on
mon->0 also change the monitor focus back to mon->0? Is the current
behaviour intended? note, I was using the default configs from the tip.

Jimmy

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,