Re: [dev] wmii latest snapshot on FreeBSD

From: Michal <ml_AT_infosec.pl>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:52:23 +0000

Kris Maglione wrote:
> the mean time, you can either install plan9port (sudo pkg_add -r
> plan9port), or use another rc script (wmiirc, or
> alternative_wmiircs/python).

Thanks for your help, after removing 9base I installed plan9port
(20080909) and wmii works again!

I don't quite understand what you said tho. Am I correct that if for
whatever reason I don't want to have plan9port on my system (and that is
the case) then wmii should run happily anyway and I would just have to
use wmiirc rather than rc.wmii?
I'm confused about that because when I simply copy wmiirc to my
~/.wmii-hg (or /usr/local/etc/wmii-hg) and uninstall plan9port then I
get the same problems, i.e. nothing on the status bar and not working
key bindings. xsession-errors says only "Action: not found".
Should I run wmii with some special parameters or tweak it in other ways
to tell it that I want to use wmiirc?

Michal

--
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." -B.
F. Skinner