Re: [dev] [st] goals / non-goals for st?

From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 17:48:43 +0000

Going through the st goals / non-goals thread I've compiled this list of:

What st is going to do so far (Arg said so):
- *good* xterm compliance
- 256 colour support
- filters that change colour and shit
- server to save session in case you crash X
- unlimited scroll back buffer

and

What people want added:
- redirect the IO of the terminal to a file. (pancake)
- st should keep a pointer to the beggining of the oldest line, because we would
  like to keep lines and not part of them. (pancake)
- edit previous text in the terminal like in Plan 9 and 9term (me(jt_))
- some more stuff

Goals:
- suck less

Non-goals:
- ??

Add what you want. Maybe I should make a wiki page in st.suckless.org for this?

--
Jake Todd
// If it isn't broke, tweak it!