Re: [dev] [OT] Java Hate

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:09:30 +0100

I think Paul Graham's criticism's are much more relevant and timeless:
http://www.paulgraham.com/javacover.html

In short, the real problems with java are inherent to its design
motivation, and can't be fixed with new features, libraries or other
such 'improvements' (actually in many ways the features that they have
added to Java have made things worse, auto-boxing and generics are a
really huge mes of almost C++ proportions, nobody really understands
how they work, not even the people that designed them.)

uriel