[dev] [surf] some potential bugs and some user questions

From: Jorge Vargas <jorge.vargas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 04:56:41 -0400

Hello,

I finally got to try surf, so far I'm loving it. However I found a
couple of little problems.

1- for some reason surf stalls for a couple of seconds on a new page,
I just hit ctrl-g suckless.org <enter> and it stalled for 11sec! with
a [0%] indicator then loaded the page really fast. Is there a way I
can get a log of what it's doing? I believe it's my problem either one
of (slow internet speed, crappy DNS and/or running inside a
VirtualMachine) but I want to be sure. I don't see this in Firefox
however it could be that surf is faster hence the slowdown is bigger.
<-- this is almost a showstopper :(

NOTE: I don't think it's dns or speed as things load fast and it
happens on every click.

2- Download seems to be broken. (in tip and 0.3 from hg) I get
(<unknown>:27178): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_output_stream_write_all:
assertion `G_IS_OUTPUT_STREAM (stream)' failed
console message: @1: Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"

3- ~.surf/dj was created as a file not a dir (tip)

4- is there a keyword shortcut to close surf? the normal dwm close
client will kill tabbed.

5- I don't fully undestand the Copy URI why it isn't putting the URL
in the clipboard? I always put a link to the patch in the suckless
site in my hg mq and I can't simply do "copy the link to this patch
and paste in vim"

Other than that I love how fast and easy it it, kudos to you all.