Re: [dev] GSoC 2010

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:09:21 +0100

+1

Current bugtrackers sucks.

The linker proposal, looks interesting, but i dont get the idea at all,
i would do it if i get bored somewhile..but i can't trick google to say
that i'm a student. Is your idea to create a static bin from a shared one?
There's a program called 'staticify' or something like this that does it.

Do somebody checked 'bug'? a simple todo/bugtracker for commandline?

  http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/soft/bug/

Another topic I would like to open is about 'suckless games'. Recently
I have discovered 'jvgs' and 'ledboy' which bring me some fun and think
about minimalistic games with fun inside, originality and clean code.

The problem here for example..is that jvgs is c++ with stupid dependencies
like lua or cmake, ledboy is just hardware, most of games are bloated,
filled
with silly graphics and big media stuff, but lacking any kind of
simplicity and
clean code on it.

  http://jvgs.sourceforge.net/
  http://hackaday.com/2009/12/08/ledboy-super-pixel-brothers/

Sure, there are bsdgames, and few years ago I wrote 'pag' a platform
arcade game in text mode..but the code I wrote 10 years ago sucks..

  http://hg.youterm.com/pag

About the distro I think it requires so many stuff on it, so at this moment
I think is more important to push partial projects before working on stali.

--pancake