Re: [dev] [dmenu] kpress bugs & patch

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:13:04 +0000

Hey again,

I've fixed some more bugs:
  - backspacing at end of text repeats final character instead of wiping.
  - ^W only works relative to end of text, not cursor.

The other changes just are just general improvements, and shave off 7
lines. I also rebound the Esc alias from ^( to ^C, as it didn't seem
to make any sense, but you might want to revert that for whatever
reason.

Regarding forking 'dinput', I've played around with extracting certain
functions into a draw.c (which is how I believe it used to be), but
it's quite a fuzzy line. Also a number of other suckless projects
(dwm, tabbed) use the same sort of logic. Should there be some sort of
suckless 'drawtext' library?

I also personally think tip should incorporate my subwindow patch
(other window), since it's only 4 lines and the standard dmenu
behaviour is one of the most common complaints I've heard wrt surf.

Thanks,
cls