Re: [dev] [dmenu] kpress bugs & patch

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:42:13 +0100

On 31 March 2010 22:13, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> Hey again,
>
> I've fixed some more bugs:
>  - backspacing at end of text repeats final character instead of wiping.
>  - ^W only works relative to end of text, not cursor.
>
> The other changes just are just general improvements, and shave off 7
> lines. I also rebound the Esc alias from ^( to ^C, as it didn't seem
> to make any sense, but you might want to revert that for whatever
> reason.

Thank's a lot. I applied your changes.

> Regarding forking 'dinput', I've played around with extracting certain
> functions into a draw.c (which is how I believe it used to be), but
> it's quite a fuzzy line. Also a number of other suckless projects
> (dwm, tabbed) use the same sort of logic. Should there be some sort of
> suckless 'drawtext' library?

yes, definitely. I discussed a concept with pancake a while ago and we
will come up with a lightweight library that can be used for this kind
of stuff. For now I'd say let's stick to dmenu as is and not digg too
much to get the dinput idea working too early.

> I also personally think tip should incorporate my subwindow patch
> (other window), since it's only 4 lines and the standard dmenu
> behaviour is one of the most common complaints I've heard wrt surf.

Ok, will incorporate.

Cheers,
Anselm