[dev] Re: [surf] line of approach

From: Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:07:49 +0200

"Enno Boland (Gottox)" <gottox_AT_gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/5/17 pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>:
>> Copy URL doesn't works for images
> I'm open for patches to copy a pictures URI. I think, I will strip
> down things in surf. I have to reconsider the event system. It's a bit
> ugly and inconsistent atm.
>
> [snip]
>
> Way to go is to remove more complexity from surf. downloading is one
> of the features which never worked well and can easily be moved into a
> script.

Moving more things into external scripts is a good idea in my opinion,
but that does seem to imply having an actual extensible event system.
The question is whether to make it as fully fledged as Uzbl (which can
be a bit complex), or to define a simpler set with less flexibility. Of
course, perhaps surf's idea of passing information via X properties
makes it possible to grow an event system without making it complex at
all.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen