Re: [dev] [9buntu] first attempt -bashing needed

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:10:15 +0200

Yeah... along the way I have sort of figured that stuff ARE very complex
(for example, PATH seems to be set and re-set several times during init and
login and some environment variables seem very resistant to "sticking",
which probably means that there is a later event that I have yet to
identify)

Basically, the only reason I went with a *buntu minimal debootstrap was
Anselm's idea of a "9buntu" that I came across in some mailing list archive
on the web.... and there are probably tons of people out there that find it
good just because it is a "*buntu" and are willing to try it :). As I
mentioned in the earlier message

The weird Bash dependency during boot annoys me though... as far as I could
see everything was geared towards /bin/sh, which should = dash.
I found another interesting debian-type in emdebian "grab", which should be
busybox-based... might make things simpler if the whole GNU stuff has
already been cleaned out once (and since I am on a sidux box, I think I am
more inclined to try to mess with that family...).