Re: [dev] How about sta.li ?

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 09:43:20 +0200

I want to say that in latest glibc (see archlinux) many 9base programs
cant be executed because of being static.

Compiling bionic would be great but I was unAble to workaround their
makefiles to do it without the android sdk.

Glibc must be avoided as much as possible. Anybody working w bionic
here?

I wrote slpm which can be used as template for binary and src packages
and it supports static compilation. A repo of bins for it can be good.
Packages aré pretty similar to slackware (mere tarballs)

I know that stali aims to not have package system, but. Imho slpm can
be a good start to generate chroots or manage binary packages in a
simple way. It needs more work coz bindeps are not supported, etc..

So imho binpkgs for stali should just be tarballs u uncompress or you
remove. But pkgsystem is a complex topic because many progrMs require
postinstall scripts and others which really suck by nature and I would
love to erradicate all this innecesary complexity or just avoid using
them.