[dev] swk development

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:25:42 +0200

  So much time has passed since I wrote swk with SDL and partially X11
backend.

I understand that X11 backend is the more interesting, and I'm not
really a good X11
hacker to do it right, so I would love to ask if somebody is going to do
something
with/for it.

There's still much work to do, and I need feedback and application
proposals or real
use cases in order to get the project into a working state. Things like
multiline text
editor or stuff like this will be easy to implement on top of what's
actually done.

Anselm told me he would work on it, but I'm still waiting for their
commits, do you have
some uncommited stuff? what's the current state of the work on X11 you
have done?

Do you people think that using libdraw as a core drawing library would
be good? what
about using cairo/pango for rendering? do somebody wants to develop a
curses/ansi
backend for swk or libdraw?

I would love to have a suckless user interface library, and I really
have many ideas on
top of it, but I need some feedback in order to continue working on it.

--pancake