Re: [dev] [wmii] Ruby wmiirc leaving space on screen without bar

From: Thomas Dahms <t_AT_skwillt.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 15:40:15 +0200

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 15:03:18 +0200, Adam Lloyd <adam_AT_alloy-d.net> wrote:

> Excerpts from Davide Anchisi's message of 2010-10-04 07:04:45 -0400:
>> I have noticed that too, and it is related to the use of witray (kill
>> it and the space disappears, but it is not a valid solution).
>> I am using plan9port wmiirc, so it does not depend on ruby.
>>
>> Davide
>
> That's what I thought might be the case. Unfortunately, witray isn't
> running (and Arch's wmii package doesn't even seem to include it, oddly
> enough).

witray is not in the 3.9.x branch but only in the default branch (that
will become 3.10 one day).
Try wmii-hg from AUR if you want the bleeding edge. In any case, you may
want wmii-hg to check if your bug is already fixed in tip.

Using the tip and the sh wmiirc, I don't see any spurious space in
Twinview, but I never used the p9p or Ruby flavours.

--
Thomas Dahms