Re: [dev] [dwm] tagging interface

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:46:01 +0100

On 6 Oct 2010, at 10:01 pm, Kurt H Maier wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis
> <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> When something running in monocle mode has the X server tied up,
>> whether grabbed or caught up in some buggy behaviour and you're
>> trying to
>> kill the offending app, what do you do? Hold down keys, like
>> everyone does
>> sooner or later, right?
>
> ...no. I switch over to the console or ssh in and kill the process.
> Beating randomly on the keyboard isn't usually the answer.

Switch to the console on a machine with no function keys? Oh,
granted, I probably should have assigned some. The network's non-
functional too, and I don't know whether to blame the emulated eth
over usb in the pda or myself for listening to that jackass in
#slackware and recompiling my desktop kernel. I don't _think_ I left
out support in the desktop (slackware box), and on the pda I _think_
I've done everything necessary to bring up the interface, but I'm
sick of messing with it when it seems to break if you use anything
but ifup to bring up the interface and transferring stuff via SD
cards works fine, until I run this emulator which wants a very
specific aspect ratio for its window.