Re: [dev] python configuration

From: Renato <rennabh_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 20:06:34 +0100

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:44:19 +0100
Renato <rennabh_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:16:34 -0400
> Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:01:22PM +0100, Renato wrote:
> > >Hello, just installed wmii from the Archlinux repos and still
> > >finding my way around it... I need some clarification on
> > >configuring wmii.
> > >
> > >I'd like to configure it using python. What are my options? Can I
> > >just copy the /etc/wmii/python directory to ~/.wmii and start wmii
> > >with $ wmii -r ~/.wmii/python/wmiirc.py
> > >?
> >
> > There should be no need to copy anything. Just run
> > wmii -r python/wmiirc
> >
> > You can put your configuration in ~/.wmii/wmiirc_local.py,
> >or otherwise copy /etc/wmii/python/wmiirc.py to ~/.wmii/wmiirc.py
> > and modify it, if you prefer (though I don't recommend it).
> >

> ok, I think I get it.

maybe I don't... what if I want to change some default keybinding
locally - without touching files in /etc ?

should I import in ~/.wmii/wmiirc_local.py all python files
from /etc/wmii/python and do something like
key.bindings(...)
?

sorry for the very noob questions, I'm new to lots of stuff here: wmii,
python, tiling window managers

cheers
renato