Re: [dev] wmii how to replace status bar with dzen2

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_ymail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:19:37 +0100

> Yes but I mean where should I exec dzen2?
> If I put it in .xsession then it gets covered by a standard status bar.
> Should it go to wmiirc then?

Try "wistrut dzen2". This will free some space for dzen2. You will also
have to turn off the wmii bar, but I don't know if there is a way other
than patching the source.

I don't see the point in using a third-party status bar with wmii, you
will have to read the files in /tag regularly to have the tags on your
status bar. Or, if you want to do it right, you have to hack up the event
processing in wmiirc to update your dzen2 bar instead of wmii's built-in
bar.

--
Thomas Dahms