Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:46:07 +0100

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Sean Howard <silver_AT_callysto.com> wrote:
> I use OpenBSD. It can grow quickly if you want it to, and it can be
> run on a VAX if you want it to.
>
> What performance need do you have that makes OpenBSD not worth it?
>
> When I am going to be throwing a system together without OpenBSD then
> I tend to use Debian.
>
> --Sean

Well I code a lot in erlang, and I'm tired to have it using only once
core due to the big lock. This mostly due to this reason I would say
and maybe virtualization when I need it. For the rest, i would really
prefer to keep with openbsd with all the simple tools it have. Even
wireless config is easier (only one command: ifconfig)

I may try a debian, debian 6 looks good.

- benoît