Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: Andrei <frunzales_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:15:52 -0500

Hello Brandon,

I believe CRUX did have some influence on Arch but the latter has nothing to
do with CRUX. The difference consists in different package managers (pacman
vs pkgutils) although pacman is somewhat similar to CRUX's pkgutils,
ports-like package management, where one would download the specific
Pkgfile, paches and relevant sources while pkgmk would compile and then
invoke pkgadd to install the port.

--
Andrei