Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 08:51:31 +0100

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> in the end, it doesn't matter which one you run, because you are using
> wmii, and nothing will ever work correctly anyway.  switch to a
> maintained window manager and then worry about which bloated pile of
> unreliable garbage you'd like to run underneath it.

I don't see how a wm is related to the kind of code/work I do and what
I need. I need a simple wm to work on. I need performance for the
application I write. Try to extract informations from a lot of textual
content on one core, and you will see. Except if you have the time to
wait, you will need some power. Something useless on the other hand
when you write your code or use a wm.

I'm looking for a minimal OS and minimal tools, hence the choice of
wmii here. That could be dwm or any other. I'm just trying to setup a
minimal environment. Where I use "minimal like in in miimal music.
Nothing is perfect for sure, but some tend to.

- benoît.