Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:06:38 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Patrick Haller
<201009-suckless_AT_haller.ws> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 07:34:48PM +0100, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>>
>> What would you choose for a really minimal OS?
>
> arch linux, rolling binary releases reduce maintenance time.
>
> what do you want a minimal os for?
>
> Patrick

Minimal as nothing more than what I need when I install. And minimal
in the unix way, one tool for one usage. I don't use so much tools day
to day, one editor, gcc, erlang, some terminals , a browser, a mua and
from time to time a graphic editor when I can't find a graphist in
time. That's all

Archlinux could be good, I used it in the past, but for sure I'm not
sure I want to use it again. Mostly due to some members of the french
community though. So it may be a bad reason ..

- benoît