Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:45:00 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:22 AM, John Matthewman <jmatthewman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/17/11, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Funny how people can't answer to simple feedback these days. I was
>> looking for experience sharing but it seems this ml was the wrong
>> place.
>>
>> - benoît
>
> Ask a stupid question, get a ..... (I'll let you fill in the blank!)

Asking for feedback isn't stupid except if you live in a world where
time doesn't matters..

> But even if you were asking your question with the best and sincerest
> of intentions -- why not just try out some different distributions
> until you find the one that's right for you? In this case, I think
> you'd find what you're looking for faster than waiting for answers on
> a mailing list.

I already tests most of the distributions here, reread my mail. That's
not about testing, that's about to know which distri people consider
as minimal in their own use. That's about *feedback* .

Anyway I gave up to have an interesting answer here. Pseudo hacker
tone is only good in bars.

- benoit.