Re: [dev] wmii noob key binding help

From: Benjamin R. Haskell <suckless_AT_benizi.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:25:35 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Eitan Goldshtrom wrote:

> I tried that just now and it didn't work. I also tried a few
> variations that each didn't work. I checked the "keys" file and it
> looks like the 2 key combinations aren't in the file. I thought they
> would be added because of the event declarations, but am I supposed to
> add them manually or something? If so, how do I do that?

No, you shouldn't need to add them manually. You do need to reload your
wmiirc, though. (AFAICT, there's no better way than just exec'ing wmii
via the 'action' menu, which borks multi-monitor layouts; anyone have a
better way?)

> When I try to wmiir write or xwrite to any of those 9P files it
> overwrites the whole thing; I just want to append them.

As for this, I tried mounting the wmii namespace to /9/wmii, following
the advice of http://wmii.suckless.org/9p, but the constant warnings
from vim about "The file has been changed since reading it!!!" were too
annoying. So now I use this zsh function to edit them:

edit9 () {
     emulate -L zsh
     setopt err_return
     local path9=$1 temp="$(mktemp -t edit9.XXXXXXXX)"
     (( $#path9 && $#temp )) || return 1
     {
         wmiir cat $path9 > $temp
         $EDITOR $temp