Re: [dev] wmii noob key binding help

From: Benjamin R. Haskell <suckless_AT_benizi.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:14:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Suraj Kurapati wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
>> exec'ing wmii via the 'action' menu, which borks multi-monitor
>> layouts; anyone have a better way?
>
> Have your wmiirc re-exec itself (as opposed to re-execing wmii).

Hmm. Makes sense. Does the default wmiirc have something that makes
that easy?

I just noticed some entries in my actions menu that exist in my work
config but not my home config. And I saw that wmii.sh adds scripts in
$WMII_CONFPATH to the actions list. But running the 'wmiirc' action
just spawned a second instance of wmiirc (resulting in event doubling,
e.g. keystroke that spawns a new terminal spawned two new terminals).

--
Best,
Ben