Re: [dev] wmii noob key binding help

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:13:46 -0800

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Benjamin R. Haskell
<suckless_AT_benizi.com> wrote:
> running the 'wmiirc' action just
> spawned a second instance of wmiirc (resulting in event doubling, e.g.
> keystroke that spawns a new terminal spawned two new terminals).

Traditionally, this was solved by making wmiirc (1) emit "Start
wmiirc" to /event at startup and later (2) exit if they see "Start
wmiirc" inside their /event processing loop. In this manner, new
instances of wmiirc terminate previously existing ones.

I don't know why that mechanism was removed from the default SH
wmiirc. It did exist in the past, however.