Re: [dev] wicd and his little friends

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:35:24 +0100

Hi,

hiro wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Kai Hendry<hendry_AT_iki.fi> wrote:
>> Please let me know if you figure this problem out.
>
> I now use wpa_cli -a and netplugd with a few scripts to stick it all together.
> I use wpa_cli -a for wifi events, because netplugd does too much with
> the device, always tries to keep it up.
>
> If anybody wants these scripts I can tar them up.

I've been working on a little script framework to handle conn-
ections for me [0]. My laptop has wwan, which makes the handl-
ing of the initialisation a bit more complex.

I'd be happy to see your scripts for comparison and extending
the handling.

For Wifi it is using wpa_supplicant, wpa_cli and some action
script, which does a grep on the ssid and then runs a script, if
needed.
WWAN is specific to the card in my X200, but should be adaptable
to the other hardware out there.
Ethernet is simply running dhcp on it. I haven't yet found some
way for determining which network I am in.

Sincerely,

Christoph

[0] http://git.r-36.net/conn/