Re: [dev] Aterm not running properly in dwm

From: mikshaw <mrblog_AT_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 06:14:10 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 2/26/11, Matt Mrozinski <mjm_AT_factoryprime.net> wrote: From: Matt Mrozinski <mjm_AT_factoryprime.net> Subject: [dev] Aterm not running properly in dwm To: dev_AT_suckless.org Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 12:25 PM I can't seem to find documentation anywhere on this, so here's the problem: In Arch Linux 64 bit, when I run aterm in fullscreen (tiling mode) and vim a file which requires scrolling beyond the physical screen size, aterm will simply open the file in a small portion of the fullscreen terminal window.  After that, the terminal will remain in it's 'resized' state until I actually reset the terminal which sets the term back to it's fully operational state.  The same behavior happens when using man pages, or any curses based software. DWM 5.8.2 Aterm  1.00.01 Is this a DWM bug or a problem with Aterm? M@ I'll confirm the same (or very similar) behavior. Sometimes this will happen for me when opening midnight commander. Resizing the window and then MODKEY+Shift+Spacebar resets it, but it's annoying. I don't recall seing this in Debian Lenny, but it happens once in a while (less than 10% of the time) since I upgraded to Wheezy.