Re: [dev] [st] bold as bright (again)

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:06:09 +0200

Oh.. i was about to push the patch...until I realized the original thread.

Check those pictures:

I executed the scripts in hg.youterm.com/toys/ansi to check for 256
colors and
normal ansi escape codes. And here's the result:

    http://lolcathost.org/stcolors.png
(left one is xterm, and right one is st)

As you may see.. not all ansi scape codes are supported, and I would prefer
to have a patch implementing support for those missing escape codes.

Then I run irssi:
   http://lolcathost.org/stcolors2.png

You may see some other differences... and the missuse of bright when bold
sometimes hurts my eyes... but some programs just are hard to read without
it...

Another annoying thing I found in st is that text selection does not
reflects it
correctly until you release the mouse button, this is a bit annoying
because you
dont see what's going to be copied into the clipboard until it's too late.

So, before adding this patch I would prefer some more discussion to make st
more usable. and less eye-harmful.