Re: [dev] [st] bold as bright (again)

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 15:35:03 +0100

On 2 Apr 2011, at 1:04 pm, pancake wrote:

> We should start sending mails in ansi. html sucks.

You got me searching sixteencolors.net for an ORLY owl in ansi, :p
but the only owl I found had all hellfire in the background (and in
its eyes). Curiously enough it came from a document announcing
someone would be helping out with "Lord Nemesis's" BBS because Lord
Nemesis was busy helping out with Plan 9. Small world.

Sadly I guess a proper bold will break all ansi art, but I for one
would rather read than look at pictures, at least on a text terminal,
lol. Come to think of it if I used st (which I might, rxvt is looking
a bit broken and the gtk junk too bloated on my netbook,) I might
actually keep a patched version around (as stb perhaps) just for the
occasional look at ansi art, or perhaps a misbehaving program.