Re: [dev] Why dwm or wmii over xmonad, etc., or not?

From: Marc Weber <marco-oweber_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:47:51 +0200

Excerpts from Suraj Kurapati's message of Wed Apr 20 19:39:00 +0200 2011:
> wmii is not perfect, but it does more of what I want than other WMs
> I've tried (perhaps I haven't tried enough of them). I hope Kris
> returns someday to continue its development; I fear it's abandoned.

I also use wmii - because it fit my needs reasonable well. Its not
perfect, but good enough to not make me even think about writing my own
tool.

Even if wmii crashes every couple of days you only loose some layout
because so restart it and by happy :)

Maybe the awesome window manager is another possibility. I never used it
though.

If all you need is thunderbird and firefox there is no need for WMII.
However having many windows its the fastest way to manage them because
my workflow is: goto tag, find window.

Sometimes I switch tasks so I can just keep everthing open and return
to a tag later.

Marc Weber