Re: [dev] Why dwm or wmii over xmonad, etc., or not?

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:39:00 -0700

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Eitan Goldshtrom wrote:
> Why are dwm and wmii better than other tiling WMs?

I like wmii because it (1) has dynamic tagging, views, and columns;
and (2) is configurable in any programming language (I use Ruby[1]).

I've been using wmii since 2005; occasionally trying other tiling
and WIMP WMs to get a feeling of the status quo. But I always find
something lacking in them; something I dearly missed from wmii.

wmii is not perfect, but it does more of what I want than other WMs
I've tried (perhaps I haven't tried enough of them). I hope Kris
returns someday to continue its development; I fear it's abandoned.

[1]: https://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc